St Mary's Hall Hotel - Isles of Scilly
We are delighted to offer a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Housekeeper to join our highly successful team in the beautiful Isles of Scilly, which is situated 28 miles off the coast of Cornwall.
St Mary's Hall and Scilly Self Catering offer quality hotel and self-catering accommodation on the islands. The diverse range of accommodation that we service includes, hotel rooms, cottages, bungalows, apartments and glamping tents.
The Head Housekeeper will control the standards of cleanliness in the hotel and across our managed property portfolio, and ensure all housekeeping staff perform consistently to our high standards.
The successful candidate will be expected to arrange daily staffing requirements, plan and assign workloads, establish performance and development goals for the team, maintain proper inventory levels, manage cost per room and inspect all guest rooms and public areas.
You will also liaise with Reception and front of house staff to carry out special requests and requirements of guests, respond to guest complaints and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
As a part of this high energy and fast moving environment you will be required to:
• Be the first port of call for all housekeeping needs within the hotel and the self-catering units.
• Assist the housekeeping team, including supervisors, to meet their daily targets
• Ensure a safe working environment
• Maximize the performance of your team, leading by example and setting high standards to ensure the service is operated safely, hygienically and to contractual specifications.
• Coach and mentor the housekeeping team to deliver daily targets and receive ongoing training and development.
The successful candidate will possess:
• A welcoming, friendly, and outgoing manner and the ability to develop and motivate a team
• Previous management experience in hospitality or a similar customer service sector
• Excellent people management skills and will understand rotas and schedules
• A high level of attention to detail
• A hands-on approach to support the front-line team and clean rooms when required
• Willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends, depending on business needs
Accommodation is provided for this seasonal position, which runs from mid-March to mid-October. However, a successful season may lead to the role being offered on a permanent basis.
To apply please forward a CV and covering letter to email@example.com or write to:
The Manager, St Marys Hall Hotel, Church Street, St Mary’s, Isles of Scilly TR21 0JR
You may also telephone for an informal chat on +44 (0)1720 422316.